I hear that there is a better version of windows than vista?

John Jay Smith

People are all talking about an OS called vista...

but a friend of mine told me that there is another OS from MS

that can do everything vista can,

is faster

is cleaner look without too much strange distracting eye candy

needs less disk space...

works very well on all kinds of hardware.. no need for spending a fortune on
a new pc...

its called XP! :)

I can THAT an upgrade...and Vista a DEGRADE! LooooL

William

and I thought he was going to say Windows 2000!

William
"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message People are all talking about an OS called vista...

but a friend of mine told me that there is another OS from MS

that can do everything vista can,

is faster

is cleaner look without too much strange distracting eye candy

needs less disk space...

works very well on all kinds of hardware.. no need for spending a fortune on
a new pc...

its called XP! :)

I can THAT an upgrade...and Vista a DEGRADE! LooooL

Alan Simpson

Those boring old antiques? Gag me with a backhoe.

Hey JJS, why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and hang out in the
XP newsgroups? Stop boring us with these irrelevant, pointless opinions.

Colin Barnhorst

I was expecting Microsoft Bob.
and I thought he was going to say Windows 2000!

William
"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message People are all talking about an OS called vista...

but a friend of mine told me that there is another OS from MS

that can do everything vista can,

is faster

is cleaner look without too much strange distracting eye candy

needs less disk space...

works very well on all kinds of hardware.. no need for spending a fortune on
a new pc...

its called XP! :)

I can THAT an upgrade...and Vista a DEGRADE! LooooL

Mark D. VandenBerg

We've talked all about your obsession with Bob, Colin. Bob needs to go. Let him go.
I was expecting Microsoft Bob.

Colin Barnhorst

See Bob go. Go Bob go......
We've talked all about your obsession with Bob, Colin. Bob needs to go. Let him go.
I was expecting Microsoft Bob.

Mario Rosario

Hahahahahahaha ....
See Bob go. Go Bob go......
We've talked all about your obsession with Bob, Colin. Bob needs to go. Let him go.
I was expecting Microsoft Bob.

JB

Trolling is not cool. You're either really stupid or misinformed. There I
gave you what you wanted.....a response.

SAM-R

Spend a fortune?
I have been running Vista Home Basic since Beta 2 on

1GHz PIII
1 GB sdram
Nvidia FX5500 w 256 ram (wddm)
40 GB IDE HDD 7200 rpm
Sound Blaster Live

I can run either Basic or Standard. It is true my score is only 1.5 but you
can run it on older equiptment just fine.

Jon Davis

The door, Colin. Click on the door. No, not the dog, the door!!

See Bob go. Go Bob go......
We've talked all about your obsession with Bob, Colin. Bob needs to go. Let him go.
I was expecting Microsoft Bob.

Lang Murphy

Ahhhh... getting sucked into the vortex... I think one of the big changes in
Vista is the incorporation of DirectX into running the desktop. Should have
a big impact on how the UI works, whether you're running Aero or not... less
crashes due to display device problems. Assuming, of course, that there are
Vista drivers for one's display card.

MS Bob? I knew him well. For about 2 days. Into the circular file.

How about HP NewWave on Win 3.1? Still got the 5.25 floppy for that. Gotta
copy of Windows 1.01. Could never get it to install on anything, though.
Never got a bite on eBay, either. (Disclaimer: this is not an advert for
anything!)

Lang

<DIV>&quot;John Jay Smith&quot; &lt;-&gt; wrote in message

Colin Barnhorst

And Packard Bell's Navigator.

Not only is the incorporation of DirectX a big deal, the benefit is that the
Desktop is now rendered by the gpu. The cpu gets a big perf lift just from
that.

Lang Murphy

Good point. I'll hafta remember that for future conversations.

Lang

<DIV>&quot;Colin Barnhorst&quot; &lt;colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com&gt; wrote

Little Brother

When you put the girlfriend in charge of a project you're going to get
doggies and door, flowers and windows, drapes and cute things. THE project
was doomed. I don't want the room metaphor anyway .. not in 2d, not in 3d,
not cartoon style, not in photo-realistic.