Windows Vista I hate Vista, so much!!!!!!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Normally i think Vista is pretty Good, today however i am seriously considering going back to XP Pro.

Firstly i am still in Vista Test Mode, it has been this way since i flashed the BIOS on me Mobo.

I have loaded the optimised defaults as im supposed to after a flash, updated Vista and i still have TEST MODE in 4 corners of the screen.

Secondly i have an XBox 360 Pad and no matter what drivers i am using from Microsoft it will not work, either wired or wireless its crap.

I hate Vista soooo badddddd right now.

Any help???

Am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Hello
happywave.gif

Normally i think Vista is pretty Good, today however i am seriously considering going back to XP Pro.

Firstly i am still in Vista Test Mode, it has been this way since i flashed the BIOS on me Mobo.

I have loaded the optimised defaults as im supposed to after a flash, updated Vista and i still have TEST MODE in 4 corners of the screen.

Secondly i have an XBox 360 Pad and no matter what drivers i am using from Microsoft it will not work, either wired or wireless its crap.

I hate Vista soooo badddddd right now.

Any help???

Am using Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Hi Wayne..Hopefully I am hear to save your day...This is not my advice, but the advice of one of our Vista experts at work..Do as follows and you'll get rid of the test mode in the 4 corners..

type cmd | press CTRL+SHIFT + ENTER (to enter an elevated command prompt)
> type bcdedit.exe /set testsigning off then press ENTER > Restart your machine.

Hope this helps

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All I'll say is that I tried an 'evaluation' copy of Vista Premium 64 bit and encountered lots and lots of problems.

I'm currently using Vista Home Premium 32 bit on my machine and it runs fine, albeit a little slower in some areas than XP.

In fact, that's my main criticism of Vista, I click on a different hard drive and it can take a full 5 to ten seconds to show all the folders. And that on a fairly highly specced machine. In that area XP flies, Vista strolls.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well MadX has got rid of the Test Mode for me, but why won't my Xbox 360 Controller work?

It shows up in Device Manager and i i installed the correct drivers but it won't work!

Am getting sick of playing Beijing 2008 on the bloody keyboard.

Is there anything else i need to do to get it to work?

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Well MadX has got rid of the Test Mode for me, but why won't my Xbox 360 Controller work?

It shows up in Device Manager and i i installed the correct drivers but it won't work!

Am getting sick of playing Beijing 2008 on the bloody keyboard.

Is there anything else i need to do to get it to work?

Erm you can try buying a self powered USB hub and plugging it in that way..For some reason the controllers don't draw the required 500mA the way you and every other person has it set up...

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Apparently i need to purchase a wireless gaming receiver? As i am rather stupidly using a wireless pad and not a data USB lead but a one that charges it.

Reaction score
Yup it's a con..... had to get me one of those when I was at Uni to have gamepad controls in games I made in XNA on the PC and 360.

Reaction score
IMHO Vista is way OTFT......:wall: XP ot he other hand is by far the easier/better to use now that it is sort of sorted.. I read somewhere that the next OS from MS is due to hit the market soon W7 so in fact IMHO Vista is a platform for W7. As ME was for XP Ummmmm.

So where does that leave us out of pocket again£££££:nod:

Reaction score
itsme said:
So where does that leave us out of pocket again£££££
nod.gif

Its gonna leave us all running to the banks for loans if we want Windows 7..From what I have read its gonna be no cheapy either..And it won't be available for an upgrade either...:wall:

Reaction score
Makes me glad we get Volumn Licenses for business O/S's here... officially all (but 1) of my computers belong to the company. And those that aren't running business O/S's are on 60/90 day trails thx to me technet subscription.

Luckily, from what I heard, the system reqs for W7 are going to lower/same as Vista due to it being designed in principle as Server 2008 was.... via core moduals.

Ask a Question