I can't see multiple outlook accounts

Andy Daykin

Hello, I just setup my gmail account on microsoft outlook, and I can see it fine. I went to then add a msn account, and the connection test passed. However I can't see it anywhere in the left sidebar. I can see the main account, which has nothing in it, and below the main account is the gmail account. I can receive and see all of my gmail messages, but I can't find the msn account. How would I add it to the list on the left sidebar?

I want to be able to see both my gmail and msn account when I launch microsoft outlook. Right not just gmail is in the left sidebar.

Gordon

Andy Daykin said:
Hello, I just setup my gmail account on microsoft outlook, and I can see
it fine. I went to then add a msn account, and the connection test passed.
However I can't see it anywhere in the left sidebar. I can see the main
account, which has nothing in it, and below the main account is the gmail
account. I can receive and see all of my gmail messages, but I can't find
the msn account. How would I add it to the list on the left sidebar?

I want to be able to see both my gmail and msn account when I launch
microsoft outlook. Right not just gmail is in the left sidebar.

Does MSN use IMAP? If not then your MSN account won't "show" as you put it -
your MSN email will get delivered to the Inbox in Personal Folders...

VanguardLH

Andy Daykin wrote:

Hello, I just setup my gmail account on microsoft outlook, and I can see i...
I want to be able to see both my gmail and msn account when I launch micro...

Alas, another FUDforum user posting overly long physical lines. Maybe
FUDforum will someday fix their forum-to-Usenet gateway.

--- FUDforum: Uses a gateway to copy their forum posts to Usenet.
Please inform the administrator or moderators of your FUDforum to fix
their forum-to-Usenet gateway. Their forum posts are 1 physical line
per paragraph and assume the reader application will perform automatic
logical line wrapping. The result is their posts consist of single very
long lines that are hundreds of characters long. Newsgroups posts
should physically line-wrap at 76 characters, or less. They must also
be under 998 characters in maximum length to be RFC compliant. Ask your
FUDforum admin or moderator to be polite when gatewaying their posts to
Usenet by reformatting their posts before dumping them in newsgroups.
--- FUDforum: Borrowing Usenet to pretend they have a larger community.

You defined an account in Outlook for Gmail. Okay, so would that be a
POP or IMAP account?

You defined an account in Outlook for MSN (Hotmail). You never bothered
to mention if it was a free or paid Hotmail account. Okay, so would
that be a POP or HTTP account?

- Outlook aggregates all POP & Exchange accounts into one message store.
- Each IMAP account gets its own message store.
- Each HTTP account gets its own message store.
- Each message store shows as a separate tree in the folder pane.

Andy Daykin

Gordon wrote on Fri, 19 December 2008 13:00

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gmail is imap, but msn is pop. Gmail is showing up in the left sidebar, but msn is not. Here is a screenshot to clarify things:

As you can see both accounts are there, but only gmail shows up on the left sidebar.

Gordon

Andy Daykin said:
Gordon wrote on Fri, 19 December 2008 13:00

Gmail is imap, but msn is pop. Gmail is showing up in the left sidebar,
but msn is not. Here is a screenshot to clarify things:

That's because ALL POP accounts are amalgamated into the Inbox folder in
Personal Folders.

Andy Daykin

Gordon wrote on Fri, 19 December 2008 13:21
"Andy Daykin" <adogg31[at]msn[dot]com> wrote in message
[...]

But didn't you notice that there is nothing at all in the personal folders? None of my messages are coming in. Is there any way I can change the setting so that I can set up a folder for it like I did with gmail?

Gordon

Andy Daykin said:
[...]

Have you got a paid-for account with MSN?

Andy Daykin

Gordon wrote on Fri, 19 December 2008 13:46
Andy Daykin said:
[...]

I think I'm just going to switch back to live mail, it's much easier to set up accounts there...