I cannot send or receive emails

Going grey quickly

Ive tried most things now but my outlook still isnt connecting to my sever.

It says :
The host 'mail.wildoak.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Server: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Ive checked my account mail adress is correct and the server settings too.
Ie pop3(110) smtp(25) ports
Also checked its connected to a LAN

It wont ping " mail.wildoak.co.uk "

Any help would be appreciated. Ta

Dave N9

I can't find any email provider by that name.
You will have to contact whomever provides the email account.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
"Going grey quickly" wrote in message

Ive tried most things now but my outlook still isnt connecting to my sever.

It says :
The host 'mail.wildoak.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Server: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Ive checked my account mail adress is correct and the server settings too.
Ie pop3(110) smtp(25) ports
Also checked its connected to a LAN

It wont ping " mail.wildoak.co.uk "

Any help would be appreciated. Ta

R. C. White

Hi, Grey.

In addition to Dave's advice...

Outlook is NOT Windows Mail, so you would find more-focused help in a
newsgroup or forum dedicated to Outlook. This newsgroup, as its name
indicates, is for Windows Mail, found ONLY in Vista.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Going grey quickly" wrote in message

Ive tried most things now but my outlook still isnt connecting to my sever.

It says :
The host 'mail.wildoak.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Server: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Ive checked my account mail adress is correct and the server settings too.
Ie pop3(110) smtp(25) ports
Also checked its connected to a LAN

It wont ping " mail.wildoak.co.uk "

Any help would be appreciated. Ta

Going grey quickly

Hi there...

Sorry to be confusing.. I meant windows mail, I guess Ive been using outlook
as a generic term for my mail box.

Gary VanderMolen

Although the domain name wildoak.co.uk is registered, it is
currently not hosted on any server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Going grey quickly" wrote in message
Ive tried most things now but my outlook still isnt connecting to my sever.

It says :
The host 'mail.wildoak.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Server: 'mail.wildoak.co.uk', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Ive checked my account mail adress is correct and the server settings too.
Ie pop3(110) smtp(25) ports
Also checked its connected to a LAN

It wont ping " mail.wildoak.co.uk "

Any help would be appreciated. Ta

Going grey quickly

Thank you... My btinternet connection had just dissapeared .. I imagine you
see this a lot. I loe my windows mail and am glad to hae it running again..
many thanks Ray

Gary VanderMolen

Glad to have helped.