I bought a new case ... Lian Li PS T60

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I may even use it, but I think I'll need a long weekend ...

and

:lol:

... it seemed a good idea at the time, however, if you 'see' me offline for more than a day, you know what I'm doing.

OK, I promise I'll take some pictures, I don't have a big enough camera SD card to do a movie. :fool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
well, I did it!

I built it in 40min ... then it took me another 15mins to replace the 'D' screws with the 'H' screws ... I could have just left them as they were, but I must admit, it does look better with the right screws in the right place.

I'm very pleased with the end result. :)

now, one day, I'm going to actually put a system 'in' the case. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20141012_150121.jpg
    IMG_20141012_150121.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 285

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a pretty neat looking testing case, I don't think you're going to have to worry about overheating :D.

BTW, what are D and H screws? :confused::blush:

muckshifter

Reaction score
they were just the names given to two of the different screws that you got to build the thing ... 'Ds' are just like a normal small case screw, while the 'Hs' were a flat-head countersunk screw ... just made it look a wee bit better.

yes, it shouldn't have any overheating problems, but if you did, you can always buy the dual 120/140mm optional fan bracket. :blush:

I have ordered the optional I/O Port Kit (eSATA, USB 3.0) ... a bit disapointed that it's an 'optional extra' when every case I've ever had, has had them fitted. :rolleyes:

Now, do I build a new system, or port over my old stuff? :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, I thought I'd be missing out on some technical name for computer type screws :lol:.

Out of interest, why got for this sort of chassis? For the look/novelty, or because it makes it easier when testing/building different things?

muckshifter

Reaction score
I bought it because I really do not like 'proper' cases, and, it was in a sale ... In my workshop I never used a case, the PC was just bits connected together, made it easy to test components.

I like to be different ... at least 'upgrading' will be easy for the future. :)

I'll set it all up sometime this week using my existing system, though I might just get a slightly newer motherboard first ... is always the worst component to 'swap' out.

I'll post some picks after the fact, may do a sequence on the 'build' but not a video. :)

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, much easier now! Looking forward to the build pics :).

muckshifter

Reaction score
ok, rebuilding existing system into, err, onto new case ... maybe see yous after lunch, I hope. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
... all done and dusted :)

hope this Linky works for all, I didn't feel like posting all the pics in this thread.

I have to say, I cannot recommend this case to anyone, it is really overpriced for what it is, and the 'manual' was an utter disgrace!

To have to buy an 'optional' extra that normally is fitted to any other case ... the IO USB front ports ... was the last straw, it does NOT fit properly, and, uses the back USB ports instead of the fitted USB ports on the motherboard ... hence you see in the pics I retro fitted the old case IO ports.

I like the idea of an 'open' case, I've already proved to myself that, it works. The graphics card temps have dropped by 15°C ... mind you, some of that could be accounted for the fact that the GC needed a, err, clean. But having said that, it's at least a hell of a lot easier to clean the card now.

ArcheAge now runs a lot cooler and I do not hear the GC fan 'revving' up. Time will tell. :)

Oh, and I've ordered an MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 TF Fan PCI-E Graphics Card ... £158.75 :blush:

I've attacked the final build pic so you don't have to follow the build link if you are feeling lazy. ;)

:user:

Attachments

• DSC01137.jpg
    DSC01137.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 253

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking good Mucks, the link works a treat. Bit of a shame about the IO ports - I wonder why it can't use the onboard headers? :confused:

I wouldn't trust myself not to accidentally touch some of the innards when it's on and short something out :lol:.

muckshifter

Reaction score
... wonder why it can't use the onboard headers?

They are fitted with USB plugs, so, you can only plug 'em in to the ports on the back, and, the thing cost an extra £15.50 :rolleyes:

the whole thing was exceeding badly designed ... If I had known they attached that way, I would't have bothered. :(

hint: don't poke your fingers into the fans. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Neat looking set up. Shame it don't come up to scratch without some extras/bodging.Your old rig certainly needed a dust of :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That looks like a very cool set-up Mucks, in all senses of the word :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
The new MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 TF Fan PCI-E Graphics Card is now 'installed' ... now I know why I wanted a 'flat' case ... this thing is rather heavy to be leaning on its side. Only took 3min to install. :)

Now I just have to go 'test' some games out ... I may be some time. :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Have you got that rig anchored to the ground securely ? I have heard that they can take off like a helicopter when maxed out gaming :lol:

Ask a Question