Improved Lian Li PC70: mini review

Reaction score
Improved Lian Li PC70

I just got my new Lian li PC70 full tower and have noticed some minor but (to me) important improvements on earlier versions...that is, based on the reviews of the case I've seen on the web. I don't know how long these design tweaks have been in place, but they seem to cover all the (very few) grumbles that people had with this case.

Main things are:
1. PSU mounting plate is now more sturdy and has generous slots to allow air flow downwards from a dual fan PSU onto the CPU. Previous versions had a solid plate that blocked of the downward fan or had to be fitted upside down or modded (i.e holes cut in it).

2. Intake fans speed control now accessible without removing front of the case. Previously the little 3-position switch was hidden behind the front of the case...now it pokes out the front.

3. Buttons improved and old button bezel removed. The earlier versions of the case had a plastic sort of bezel surrounding the buttons and leds, with the Lian Li badge stuck under it...now this has gone and it looks much more 'stealthy', with a single case badge at the foot of the front panel.

4. Rear 40mm fan vents now replaced with simple and better looking rectangular vents...no one ever fitted 40mm fans here anyway...looks like Lian Li realised these were a bit redundant and simply redesigned them.

5. Finger guards on exhaust fans...previously I think these were standard wire guards, now replaced with aluminium ones that fit in with the overall design of the case.

I tried adding some images to illustrate these differences but for some reason they weren't loading properly...if anyone's that interested let me know.

In the meantime, this case is even better than i had expected and it cost me only £138 (UK) from aria.co.uk including VAT and next day delivery...that's well below anywhere else i've seen.

Now i gotta go and swap out my mobo and stuff! 8)

Reaction score
So you're satisfied with your new case ? I'm also planning to buy a new case, and definetily aluminum one, but it's hard to decide between Coolermaster and Lian-Li. So, if PC-70 has some disadvantages, then let me know.:bow:

Reaction score
Originally posted by rolz
So you're satisfied with your new case ? I'm also planning to buy a new case, and definetily aluminum one, but it's hard to decide between Coolermaster and Lian-Li. So, if PC-70 has some disadvantages, then let me know.:bow:

I too was undecided between Coolermaster and Lian-Li, but I'm extremely happy with my PC70... I just can't see what Coolermaster offer for the extra cost.

Some reckon Coolermaster look a bit better and build quality is better, but I have checked a few cases for comparison and can't see any justification in spending so much more.. Plus, I am only interested in full towers. The Lian Li PC70 full tower has more 5.25'' exposed drive bays(6 vs Coolermaster's 5) and more 3.5'' bays (3 vs Coolermaster's 1). Coolermaster tends to use mobo drawers, but opinion on these is divided...many (including me) reckon they are more trouble than they're worth...they often don't fit back easily once pulled out, and when you want to do minor upgrades, you have to unplug everything the pull the draw out. Lian Li PC70 has so much room u just don't need a mobo tray.

If ur in UK, check out Aria for cheapest PC70 prices...others may disagree with my views but I would go with Lian Li.

Reaction score
A few of those things are available on my case, the 6085T. For example, I have a fan speed control on the front of my case, and the button bezel is simply the two aluminum buttons with nothing surrounding it. :p

Reaction score
I do believe it was you, Eric, who finally convinced me to take the plunge and buy a Lian Li...ranks right up their as one of the best rig decisions I ever made - right alongside my SLK800 hs.
Thanks again!! :bow:

Reaction score
Well, actually the newest Coolermaster cases are not that expensive, but Lian-Li PC70 has big amount of something that other Al cases just don't offer -- room. If you planning to use Peltier's and watercooling, then PC70 is the best option I think. But unfortunately I'm not living in GB, in fact I live in a small country called Estonia located just below Finland, and if you want to get some exotic computer stuff, you have to order it from US or GB or Germany, because market is just just too small for local resellers (1,5 million people), and ordering stuff from outside is goddamn expensive:angry:

Ask a Question