A Case of the Uglies: 10 Ugly PC Cases

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
In many ways, computer cases are much like people. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors... Some are practical, while others are just about useless... And just like people, some cases are just plain ugly. One key difference is that when you pick a case your commitment isn't "until death do us part", so don't worry if a case you like wound up on this list; your relationship isn't forever!

This article is going to take a look at ten cases we've deemed to be at the top of the list when it comes to unattractive appearances. The few criteria considered for this list include that it is either an ATX or mATX case produced by a major manufacturer in the past 5 years, or that regardless of manufacturer it is currently for sale in the USA. Basically, we're ruling out the really old junk and beige boxes from way back in the day, as well as one-off cases that only a few people would have bought anyway.
http://www.bigbruin.com/content/uglycases_1

Some of these are god awful! :eek:

though i dont understand why some are in tehre, like the Lian Li and The Thermaltake. They are designer not ugly... :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There are some beasts there, but I'm not sure about the very last one - that doesn't look ugly, just different ;).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That last one, the Thermaltake Level 10 is a true Designer case, or thats what they say.

Its certainly got a designer price tag! :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think they're all hideous, the designers must have had a hangover or were having a bad hair day.

I had a soft spot for the Antec Skeleton but the fact components are still difficult to access makes it pointless.

All power to whoever put the review together.

When it comes to cases, pour moi, the simpler the better, boldness is simplicity, n'est ce pas?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I always thought the ThermalTake level 10 looked pretty good.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah lol, i typo'ed meant to say < 80 quid. But yes i take it for granted i get free shipping and dont even think of the extra anymore. :blush:

Ask a Question