hyperlinks in excel

David

I am using an excel spreadsheet for my personal address book.
For me, its the perfect solution. I had one problem since solved -
web addresses.
I went into Excel Options->Proofing->Auto Correct->As You Type
and unchecked the option for Internet & Network paths with hyperlinks.
For most of my spreadsheets, this is perfect. I can enter a web
address and not have an embedded hyperlink.

My Problem: I have a few (definite minority) of spreadsheets
where I want embedded hyperlinks. How can I do this? I could find no
way to turn off hyperlinks without using the above general excel
option. I can also find no way to turn hyperlinks on for a specific
individual spreadsheet. Is there a way?

David

Niek Otten

Hi David,

Insert tab, in the Link block, click Hyperlink, in Address, type your link

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

<David> wrote in message | I am using an excel spreadsheet for my personal address book.
| For me, its the perfect solution. I had one problem since solved -
| web addresses.
| I went into Excel Options->Proofing->Auto Correct->As You Type
| and unchecked the option for Internet & Network paths with hyperlinks.
| For most of my spreadsheets, this is perfect. I can enter a web
| address and not have an embedded hyperlink.
|
| My Problem: I have a few (definite minority) of spreadsheets
| where I want embedded hyperlinks. How can I do this? I could find no
| way to turn off hyperlinks without using the above general excel
| option. I can also find no way to turn hyperlinks on for a specific
| individual spreadsheet. Is there a way?
|
| David

Niek Otten

I meant:

On the Insert tab, in the Link block, click Hyperlink, in Address, type your link

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel