Hyperlink when saved as PDF

Brenda from Michigan

Word 2003 SP3

User includes www.google.com in Word which is a hyperlink. The link does
hyperlink in Word to the web site. When he saves the document to PDF, that
will link to the web site from the PDF document.

User includes the word "google". He manually makes that a hyperlink to
www.google.com and it does hyperlink to the web site from the Word document.
He then saves this as a PDF and the link does not work from the PDF document.
I replicate this behavior. Can anyone explain why the manually created
hyperlink does not work in the PDF document.

I'm going to try the Adobe site on this question too, but I historically get
very little help there and thought perhaps other Word users had encountered
this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Brenda,

Word 2003 did not include its own ability to create PDF files. You didn't
mention the version/product you're using to create the PDF files. Different
products and settings for their capabilities may be a part of the issue.

==========
<<"Brenda from Michigan" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Word 2003 SP3

User includes www.google.com in Word which is a hyperlink. The link does
hyperlink in Word to the web site. When he saves the document to PDF, that
will link to the web site from the PDF document.

User includes the word "google". He manually makes that a hyperlink to
www.google.com and it does hyperlink to the web site from the Word document.
He then saves this as a PDF and the link does not work from the PDF
document.
I replicate this behavior. Can anyone explain why the manually created
hyperlink does not work in the PDF document.

I'm going to try the Adobe site on this question too, but I historically get
very little help there and thought perhaps other Word users had encountered
this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!<<

Brenda from Michigan

I'm so sorry; you are correct. The user and I are using Adobe Acrobat
Professional 7.0.9.

Graham Mayor

Did you use the Adobe add-in to create the PDF or simply print to the PDF
driver? You need the former to ensure that hyperlinks work. Also ensure that
the add-in's configuration settings include the checked box for creating
links.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com