hyperlink to an unopened workbook?

i am trying to link from an open workbook to a page in an unopened workbook.
the hyperlink works if both workbooks are open at the same time, but give N/A
when the hyperlinked to workbook is closed. any way to fix this?

Jim Cone

This link open the closed workbook "Book1.xls" at the specified sheet/cell...

=HYPERLINK("[C:\Documents and Settings\Name\My Documents\General\Book1.xls]Sheet2!B5","Click Me")

Note the brackets and the placement of the quote marks.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Karenatallied"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
i am trying to link from an open workbook to a page in an unopened workbook.
the hyperlink works if both workbooks are open at the same time, but give N/A
when the hyperlinked to workbook is closed. any way to fix this?

Jim,

i can't thank you enough. i was able to change my links as you outlined and
got the results i needed. the only issue i had was with my worksheet name
being two words instead of one. but i was able to fix this by placing single
quotes just around the workbook name.

thanks for your quick response and your help!!