huge font size in print and preview

G

What could be the cause of huge fonts (True Type Verdana) in an Access 2003 report the first time that it's opened? This only happens when the report is initially opened. If the report is closed and opened again, it displays and prints fine. When the database is closed and reopened, the problem reappears. A single page report prints out on 8+ pages. The report doesn't use conditional formatting nor smart tags nor anything 'fancy'.

A

Allen Browne

Sounds like a problem with the font metrics, or the printer driver.

Try a different printer driver. If that solves the problem, get an updated
driver from the manufacturer of your printer. (The occasion we saw this was
with an HP Laser, latest driver, but going back to an older driver solved
the problm.)

If that does not solve the problem, try the report with the Arial font.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

78mine:( said:
What could be the cause of huge fonts (True Type Verdana) in an Access
2003 report the first time that it's opened? This only happens when the
report is initially opened. If the report is closed and opened again, it
displays and prints fine. When the database is closed and reopened, the
problem reappears. A single page report prints out on 8+ pages. The report
doesn't use conditional formatting nor smart tags nor anything 'fancy'.

G

I've changed the font type globally to Times New Roman, but that didn't work. A new report created with the report wizard seems to work fine, so the problem might reside with the report rather than the font. What's especially puzzling is why the it displays normally when its opened the second time, as though something was initialized when it was first opened (or closed). I'm going to see if another version of the report created from scratch resolves the problem. The report might be corrupted in some way; but then again, the printer driver could also be the culprit.

Ask a Question