Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
From: "Razz" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this
author
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:40:04 -0800
Subject: HTTPD Web Server Fails to start
| Report Abuse

Hi,

I've installed the HTTPD.ARM.CAB. on a DELL Axim x51v. When I try to
connect
to the server - http://localhost/ or http://<ip address>/ I got
nowhere.
After investigating I realized that the httpd.dll is not being loaded
memory by the Services.exe. (using VS-2005 Remote Process Viewer)
The registry key under Services seem fine, the httpd.dll is present
under
\Windows\ directory
There is no way to execute commands on a command line so I cannot
execute
commands using the Services.exe.
When I tried to execute commands programmatically using CreateProcess
the -f
flag (the one that writes the output to file) of Services.exe fails to
open
the file.
needless to mention ....\www\wwwpub\default.htm were created by the
installer.

On a self made Win CE 5.0 image that is running HTTPD, the registry
keys are
similar and the httpd.dll is being loaded under the Services.exe

Has anyone encountered a similar problem ??

John Spaith [MS]

I believe that the cause of this is that the web server bits are not
signed/trusted.
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2005/11/03/488934.aspx has
details about this is general.

Note that once you get the services cmd option going, you'll need to change
the registry for AllowCmdLine=1
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../html/wce50conServicesexeRegistrySettings.asp)
- this is a new requirement in WM 5.0. Once you can try loading web server
after initial bootup via services cmd, this will confirm whether you're
seeing the problem described in Scott Yost's blog or not.

John

--
John Spaith
Software Design Engineer, Windows CE

Check out the new CE Networking Team Blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/.

You assume all risk for your use. © 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.