HP Printer - Tray Icon Misssing

JCO

I lost my HP Printer Icon in the system tray. Its is weird. The shortcut
is in the start folder as always and the executable is loading.... just the
icon is not appearing. All other icons are still in the System Tray. I
hate to reinstall because each install creates an unique HP ID. Therefore,
my previous history (FAX Sent/Received) will be gone. Any idea why the Icon
does not appear.

Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello JCO,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on your description, I am not sure if the following steps can be
helpful:

1. Right click on the Task tar to select Proterties option.
2. In the Notification area section, please click Customize button.
3. Scroll down and find the HP printer icon and.
4. Highlight the item and select Always show option to see if the icon will
be displayed in System Tray.

If the steps above do not help, it appears that this is a third-party
software related issue so that I suggest you first contact the manufacturer
of application to see if there is any more information about this issue.
Please feel free to involve me during the process of contacting the
application support, please feel free to involve me in the discussion pool.
I would be glad to provide any information necessary.

In addition, you may type the following key words (icon missing system
tray) in HP search database to see if you can find some similar issues.

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support