HP 722C Doesn't Work Anymore

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get my HP 722C to work since my old laptop (with Windows XP) stopped working. It also used to work with my older desktop (with Windows 98) via a parallel cable but it doesn't work with that now either. And it doesn't work with my new laptop (with XP) via a plug and play cable. After sending a job to the printer, it just sits in the queue. When installing the printer, I either have to manually install it, or if I plug the USB cable in, the computer acknowledges the new hardware and indicates it's ready. I've gone through the troubleshooting tips and info. on HP's website (cleared the print spooler; set the printer as the default printer; tried to print a test page; tried to print various document types (Notepad, email, webpage, etc.); made sure the printer is on and the cables are connected; tried plugging in the USB cable into different USB slots) and nothing I've tried seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ask a Question