how to write an amount in words through formula

Abbas_Niazi

please tell me how i can write a figure in the form of text i.e Amount
in Words, please send the code to me in my hotmail inbox my email is
(e-mail address removed)

Andy Wiggins

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing
routines.
The code is open and commented.

As a general rule all replies should be to the newsgroup (in this instance:
microsoft.public.excel) so everyone can benefit.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

David McRitchie

English or US method of writing out numbers ?
You indicate two methods that could be US or English
without a currency or it could be Dollars or Pound Sterling
(or something else).

Now that you bring up the word checque, which way do Canadians
and Australians print out numbers as words. In the US "and" is only used to
indicate separation before a decimal point.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm#numberstowords

Andy Wiggins said:
This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing
routines.
The code is open and commented.

As a general rule all replies should be to the newsgroup (in this instance:
microsoft.public.excel) so everyone can benefit.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins
www.BygSoftware.com
Home of "Save and BackUp",
"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"

Andy Wiggins

The workbook is a demonstration example based on MSDN's Q140704. It's not a
definitive solution, although it has seemed to suit a lot of people.

The checque (checque?) writing examples are, again, just an indicator of how
the demo can be used.

I recently received a (tongue in cheek) comment about the use of "Only" in
the cheque demo. I believe this might be peculiar to UK banking practise
where I believe it means that the amount shown on the cheque is the only
amount acceptable, that is, it can't be more and it can't be less.