    panel and your uninstaller s/w but it is nothing. Anyone please help me to
    uninstall it so I can proceed my upgrade.
    Thanks,

    Guest, Nov 11, 2006

    "JJ" wrote:

    > I cannot upgrade my XP to Vista RC1. It stops by saying -to uninstall "sonic
    > studio DLA" program. I try to find it in my PC with add/remove of control
    > panel and your uninstaller s/w but it is nothing. Anyone please help me to
    > uninstall it so I can proceed my upgrade.
    > Thanks,

    It shounld not be necessary to uninstall DLA, I did not have to, although
    Vista did not like Nero so I had to remove that.

    Guest, Nov 13, 2006

    I've got the same problem.

    Keeps telling me to uninstall Sonic Studio DLA, but that does not exist any
    where on my machine. I can't get past this problem. It won't let me continue
    the upgrade.

    I can't figure this out.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2006

    Jane C Guest

    Do you have any Roxio products installed by any chance? If so, uninstall
    them before attempting an upgrade.

    http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/dla/overview.html

    Roxio is part of the Sonic group, and possibly uses the Sonic DLA in one of
    its products.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Dec 10, 2006

    John Barnes Guest

    Go into regedit and do a find on Sonic. You may have to do a registry edit
    to remove its presence. This kind of problem often occurs when installing
    shareware to test and when you uninstall it, it leaves registry entries to
    prevent you just constantly reinstalling it when you need it again.

    John Barnes, Dec 10, 2006

    I cleard the registry of any Sonic references (P.S. Sonic Studio was never on
    my laptop). There were no Roxio products installed of references in the
    registry. I searched the file system for anything that would match this. The
    only thing I found was IBM DLA, which I uninstalled.

    Same problem. It keeps telling me to uninstall Sonic Studio DLA.

    This is very weird. It's obviously a false positive, but without knowing
    what they're looking for, I can't find it.

    I'm going to try running regmon and filemon to see if I can catch what
    they're looking for.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2006

    John Barnes Guest

    Since this is their DriveLetterAccess you may have to check the drivers you
    have loaded for your DVD and CD drives
    See if any are written by Sonic

    John Barnes, Dec 10, 2006

    If only this was true. Sure it gets rid of the startup windows on Sonic
    driver incompatibility but try using drag-and-drop. It won't work properly on
    any RW discs you have already formatted. On newly formatted ones you may get
    the dreaded blue screen of death midway through copying files (as I did). My
    'solution' was to uninstall Drag-to-disc (I needed to completely uninstall
    whole of Roxio 9.5) and reinstall suite afresh. Still of course get the
    warning windows but no probs with drad-to-disc now blue screen.

    Guest, Jul 10, 2007

    ColB

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sonic Studio DLA error when upgrading to Windows 10

    The Sonic website says to just delete the Sonic folder.

    Click on the start button. Search for ‘Sonic’. Delete the Sonic folder (mine was in Program Files (x86)).

    Click refresh on the Windows 10 install error message and the install continues.

    ColB, Nov 9, 2015

    GinaD

    Joined:
    May 19, 2016
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you SOOOO much! I tried so many things, and this very simple method is what worked. I appreciate it so much!

    ~ Gina

    GinaD, May 19, 2016