How to tell which .pst folder is open in Outlook 2007

sheana

I have several Outlook '07 profiles. How can I tell which one is open in
Outlook? I have Win7 64.bit.

Also, how do I backup Outlook 2007 message store? Do I back up the .pst
file, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Taylor

I have several Outlook '07 profiles. How can I tell which one is open in
Outlook? I have Win7 64.bit.

Also, how do I backup Outlook 2007 message store? Do I back up the .pst
file, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Copy the .pst file. Paste it to external media such as an external hard
drive.

Gordon

"sheana" wrote in message

Also, how do I backup Outlook 2007 message store? Do I back up the .pst
file, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

In addition to what Peter said - copy the pst file with Outlook CLOSED.

sheana

Thanks for the info. I might as well ask at this point how to restore the
..pst file to a newly installed Outlook 2007.....I have Win 7, 64-bit.

In addition, when I looked in the directory where the pst files were
located, I found Outlook.pst, Outlook1.pst, Outlook2.pst, etc. How do I
know which pst file is associated with the profile named "Janice" vs the one
named "John"? Is there a way within Outlook to determine this?

Thanks in advance.