Windows Vista How to send images via e-mail?

Reaction score
I am using vista 32bit o.s.
I`m trying to send photos via e-mail,but for the life of me I don`t know how to do it.
I`m using a Samsung digital camera and Dugimax viewer 2.1. I plug the camera into the computer and the pictures come up but from there on I can`t find a way to get the photos to the e-mail.
I have done it in the past but it was a long time ago so it`s gone out of my head.
Can some kind person point me in the right direction please.
historian:confused:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Go to your email system, compose an email to the intended recipient and add the photos as attachments (it's usually a paperclip icon).

That's how I do it in Gmail and I think all other email systems are the same.

Best of luck. :)

Reaction score
Hi nivrip.
Thankyou for your reply.
I do wish it were that simple as your description.
But what I`m finding is that when I go into Digimax viewer,after composing my e-mail,I choose a picture the e-mail disapears leaving only the picture No.And also it seems that I can,if I can get it working,send only one picture at a time.If I try and include another picture it over rides the first one.
So I`m not a happy bunny.
historian

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Have you tried saving the photo's to your computer rahter than using the Digimax viewer ?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Don't know anything about Digimax Viewer.

As Evan says put all your photos in your My Pictures folder and they should be easily transferred into attachments on your Email. :)

Reaction score
Have you tried saving the photo's to your computer rahter than using the Digimax viewer ?
Hi EvanDavis.
The thing is that every time I plug in my camera to the computer the pics come up in Digimax Viewer I can`t avoid it.I`ve tried to uninstall the program up it dosn`t show up in the uninstall/change window(control panel) So it seems that I`m stuck. Many thanks for your reply.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's best to transfer the photos from the camera to your computer's hard disk before e-mailing them.

Some photos are quite large files for sending by e-mail so unless you've reduced them in size your e-mail facility may have a hard time sending several at once so one at a time is probably the best option.

You shouldn't need to use this Digimax thingie.

If you want to send several at once it may be worth downloading free software The Gimp or Irfanview and resizing your pix (I suggest 1000 pixels wide to try initially) then sending them.

Another option is yourself and your intended recipient both join facebook and you can put as many pix as you like on there full size. Then anybody who you give access to your photos can save them all.

However, be aware that all pix posted on facebook are Facebook's to use as they please though in reality this very rarely happens.

Ask a Question