How to read domain emails using Outlook and AOL as logon

G

I use Outlook 2003 to access my domain (.org.uk, bought from Simply.com) email address using AOL as my logon client (aol is also my personal email account).

My emails from my domain are forwarded to an aol account, but my outgoing emails are sent through Outlook. I have no problems receiving the forwarded mail as my Outlook is configured as an IMAP account and I can read the email from the selected forwarded account, but whenever I try to send emails through Outlook I just get error messages saying it can't connect to the server, or it says 'send and receive completed' when obviously it hasn't. Occasionally, very occasionally, one or two emails get sent, usually my test messages to other aol accounts.
Can anyone give me any suggestions on account settings or ANYTHING that may rectify this problem?

A

Adam Bailey

drlconsultancy said:
I use Outlook 2003 to access my domain (.org.uk, bought from Simply.com)
email address using AOL as my logon client (aol is also my personal email
account).

My emails from my domain are forwarded to an aol account, but my outgoing
emails are sent through Outlook. I have no problems receiving the forwarded
mail as my Outlook is configured as an IMAP account and I can read the email
from the selected forwarded account, but whenever I try to send emails
through Outlook I just get error messages saying it can't connect to the
server, or it says 'send and receive completed' when obviously it hasn't.

http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/3rd-party.html#3rd-party-acct

G

Hi adam,

Thanks for the help. I checked out the website you suggested, which helped a little. However I now have error messages as follows:

I have tried sending again and these are the error messages I have received.
Please help!!!

Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on (e-mail address removed).' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account (e-mail address removed). Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task '(e-mail address removed): Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account (e-mail address removed). Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

What does this mean and how do I rectify this???

Thanks again

A

Adam Bailey

drlconsultancy said:
Thanks for the help. I checked out the website you suggested, which helped a
little. However I now have error messages as follows:

I have tried sending again and these are the error messages I have received.
Please help!!!

You're running afoul of AOL's rate limiting. Try to limit your
connections to AOL's SMTP server whenever possible. Batch up your
messages and send them all at once, rather than as you compose each
one.

Or better yet, avoid the AOL proxy altogether. Get your web host to
provide SMTP on a port other than 25.

Ask a Question