How to preserve inserted objects

Andy Jiang

This might be a little tricky, but just wonder if anybody has a solution:

I have a word document created with another object (say, a word, pdf, xls
file) inserted in and displayed as an icon, and if you click on the icon,
the object opens independently. Then I need to print / convert the parent
word document to a pdf file, however, after the pdf file is created
successfully, the originally inserted object is shown as an icon and cannot
open any more.

This might be because pdf file does not support inserted objects, but does
anybody come across similar situation and have a solution? Thanks.

Stefan Blom

I suspect your only choice is to convert both documents to separate PDF files, and distribute two files rather than one.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP