How to make windows open at the same size?

Lakesidezx

This has annoyed me forever now. I'd like to open a window and have it open
at the same size as the last time that I closed it.

For example, the windows explorer window opens at the same size regardless
of what size it was last stretched to. So Im constantly having to resize
the explorer window to accomodate how I wish to view it at.

Another example would be the Internet Explorer window, it opens at first at
full screen then it opens subsequent windows much much smaller, I end up
maximizing the window then closing it, and upon opening a new IE windows,
it's not the same size as the last time that I closed it.

How do I go about making my window sizes stick in Vista so that they always
open at the last size that I used them at?

Thanks for the assistance.

Tiberius

1) Resize to the size you want
2) Press the shift key and keep it pressed and while still pressed,
click on the close button of the window with your mouse

the position and size will be retained...

tell me if this helps

Lakesidezx

Oh yeah! That works great. I assume it will remember these window sizes
even after a reboot?. Hope so, cause thats the simplest thing I've seen so
far for what I want windows to do.

Lakesidezx

Ooops, works great on windows explorer but apparently Internet Explorer has
a mind of it's own. Doesn't matter how much I try with I.E. It opens at
whatever size it wants. Well... Atleast Windows Explorer is now opening at
the size I want it at.

KristleBawl

If you don't mind full size, minimize all other program windows except IE,
right-click on the taskbar and choose Show Windows Stacked.

When I did that on my Vista Home Basic, IE resized itself to cover all but
the sidebar (always on top of other...) and retained that size. The same
worked for WinMail, as long it's the only program not minimized at the time
I 'stacked' it.

KB

"Lakesidezx" wrote in message

Lakesidezx

Thanks. It's not really full screen but it's close enough to what I wanted
so thats a good solution.

Thanks for that information, it is appreciated.

KristleBawl

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working for you.