How to make installed programs visible to all users?

David Read

I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
other accounts are limited users.

Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
is installed.

How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?

Tnx,
dave

Black Baptist

David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:
I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
other accounts are limited users.

Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
is installed.

How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?

Tnx,
dave

Logon to the other accounts and install the program.

David Read

Black Baptist said:
David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:

Logon to the other accounts and install the program.

Can't. The other accounts are limited accounts, and don't have
permissions to install the program. That's why I installed it as
administrator in the first place.

Black Baptist <[email protected]> wrote in message news:

Can't. The other accounts are limited accounts, and don't have
permissions to install the program. That's why I installed it as
administrator in the first place.

Right click the exe and select run as... or install it under the user you
want to allow access.