How to make a CSS SIGNATURE work in Outlook?

J

Joey

Hey Folks.

Here's the link to what I would like to do on my Outlook client: allforces.com/2006/04/14/css-signatures/

The above link is a CSS signature for APPLE MAIL client - however it is possible to do the same for Outlook - if you do a search on the above page for "outlook" you will have a few suggestions, however I'm not sure how to do the changes, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with the coding, i know that it's not that complex.

Here's a few of the comments from the folks;

Quote:
Hey all you fellow Outlook sufferers,
I discovered a workaround that lets your CSS signatures work in Outlook (2003 anyway which is all I have right now)!

Outlook strips out style tags from the head block when it renders in an email. But if you put your style tags in the body (e.g. right below the body tag) OR use style attributes inside HTML elements (which you’d have to do for body styles), it works like a charm!

Quote:
For people who are trying to use this with Outlook 2007, simply use the inline version, change the div to table, and add a tr and a td. Works like a charm, with a few tweaks.

Here's the sample and how it should look like:
http://allforces.com/download/signature-inline.html (to view the source just right click "VIEW SOURCE".

How cool of a signature would that be? :)
-Joey
plz help!

Ask a Question