How to keep an image or text from moving when enlarging the browse

I have my hyperlinks to navigate the website in the left margin and i have a
blank filled box on the text but set behind the text. When I want to view my
webpage in the browser the browser comes up minimized and then when I click
to enlarge it the text moves over the right and the image stays in place, so
the text is hanging off of the image. I don't want this to move at all.
Could someone please tell me what I would need to do?

Thomas A. Rowe

Use tables to structure your page layout

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

I'm trying to make a template that will use for the majority of my pages. Do
you still recommend that I use tables to structure the layout?

Thomas A. Rowe

Yes. If using FP2003, look into using the Dynamic Web Template, otherwise use tables and FP
Includes.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Murray

Why not, if that works.

But given that on your original page things are moving around, you may not
have a clear idea of how to best use tables to prevent this from happening.
Can you post a link to your page?

Ok, I'm trying to use the tables, but when I preview the table that I have so
far, it shows the cells lines around the different text. How do I get rid of
the table lines showing?

Thomas A. Rowe

Select the table, then table properties, and set border to zero, etc.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Tom Pepper Willett

Turn off the borders in table properties.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Ok, I'm trying to use the tables, but when I preview the table that I have
so
| far, it shows the cells lines around the different text. How do I get rid
of
| the table lines showing?
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > Yes. If using FP2003, look into using the Dynamic Web Template,
otherwise use tables and FP
| > Includes.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| > > you still recommend that I use tables to structure the layout?

I click

Ronx

Yes. Tables are easily set up and consistent in all browsers.
Absolute positioning (which it sounds like you are using) needs skill and
knowledge to apply so that objects are consistently placed across browsers
and browser sizes.