How to get to a C prompt when you can't login.

Chris P. Bacon

So this weekend past, I was doing some house cleaning on a machine (Acer
XP Home) and I ran Avast check for viruses. It found one in the
userinit.exe under C:\Windows\system32

Now having googled for the virus and the infected file, I determined
that I could get a copy of the exact same file from the ServicePack\i386
dirctory. I compared date/time and size so I thought no worries.

However when Avast notified me of the virus I told him to move it to the
vault. Bad idea! Colossal miss!

When the computer restarted, it deleted the userinit.exe file
When I tried to login, it just kept going back to the login screeen.
I knew that I could get that files back, but I was not able
to boot up to the point where I had access to the C driver, not
even using a W98 boot disk. And "safe mode" still wants to log into
windows. So is there a way to boot up and instead of lauching windows,
it keeps me (jailbreakes) to DOS prompt, like you would get if you went
Start -> Run -> cmd

I ended up using the recover CD's that we created when the computer was
first purchased and was able to get everything back in 3 hrs. But it
would have been much easier had I been able to boot up with the GUI
kicking in.

Mike Hall - MVP

Chris P. Bacon said:
[...]

* CPB - Support the UIP http://improve-usenet.org
* RLU 451587

Get one of these..

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Windows 98 boot disks are old hat..

Leythos

Download my userinit fix from here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works
for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not
use this file. If you need any other version then email me using the link at
the bottom of my webpage. Your issue is caused by a malware infestation.
Once fixed you will need to use my Remove-it software, it will remove that
malware from your system. Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download
it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

edward

google bartpe.Its a bootable windows cd that will let you make changes to
files without using the command prompt.

Mike Hall - MVP

Leythos said:
Download my userinit fix from here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works
for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do
not use this file. If you need any other version then email me using the
link at the bottom of my webpage. Your issue is caused by a malware
infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my Remove-it software, it
will remove that malware from your system. Choose yes for all options when
prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.

Real MVP's don't impersonate others..

Definition of a MVP:

A person belonging to a website who answers a certain number of posts each
year. Doesn't need any real qualifications in computers either. PA Bear is a
prime example. Not attacking Bear but using this alias as an example

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: How to get to a C prompt when you can't login.
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:55:37 -0700

Download my userinit fix from here

The above post was provided by PCBUTTS Impersonating myself.

Still proving to the group that you ARE unethical and dishonest Chris.
You own posts show that you are unethical and dishonest.

Abuse reported to att/prodigy.

Bob I

More misconceptions, MVPs don't belong to websites. "Answers a certain
number of posts" is pretty vague without qualifiers. Also, "real
qualifications" is pretty subjective. You forgot to add <tic> ;-)

Tim Meddick

Does the original post still exist to this thread?

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

Bob I

Yes but the nutcase used a sig separator and posted his drivel above it.

Tim said:
Does the original post still exist to this thread?

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

Anthony Buckland

Daave said:
Define the word "exist."

I'm repeating myself from another group, but the American
thinker William Jefferson Clinton has made a highly public
and penetrating analysis of this problem.

Barry Schwarz

Download my userinit fix from here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file works
for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the enclosed instructions. If you have SP1 do not
use this file. If you need any other version then email me using the link at
the bottom of my webpage. Your issue is caused by a malware infestation.
Once fixed you will need to use my Remove-it software, it will remove that
malware from your system. Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download
it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This post was forged.

This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:11:05 -0700

Abuse complaint filed with (e-mail address removed), headers included.