Windows XP how to detect telephone call online

Reaction score
Hello there

I don't know if I am in the right forum, however, I need to know if there is software available which can tell an incoming telephone call while I am surfing the internet at home. I use an internal win 56k modem. I would be interested in either shareware or freeware. And what would his type of software be called?

Many thanks in advance.

jaygor

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but you could probably try calling your internet supplier and ask them for a plan where you get a signal on your computer every time someone trys to call you on the phone. At least that's the way it works on Montreal, look it up wherever you live .

Reaction score
Yeah, most phoen companies offer services like this. There's also software you can get, but the best solution of them all is to get a 2nd phone line or broadband. :)

Reaction score
Dear all

Many thanks for a variety of answers. Perhaps I should try asking for advice from my ISP initially.

I am a very light user of the telephone and the internet at home. And so it does not make economic sense to get second phone line or broadband just yet.

Nevertheless I did get caught out when I missed yet another call. British Telecom does provide a very useful 1571 ansaphone service but that's not what I am after.

I am open to further suggestions and again many thanks and much appreciated

jaygor

Ask a Question