How to convert into Access2000

G

Hi everybody
I have Access2000 installed on my machine. Our client database is in earlier Access version. I need to convert the client database into 2000, because few queries has to be inserted
For some reason the option Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database is disabled.
The database file is not 'read only', however it has few local tables plus few linked tables (to AS400).
I am wondering, how I can convert to the Access2000
Thank you in advance
Diana

W

Wayne Morgan

Step 1: <this is the most important step> Make a backup copy of your file first.

Next, open Access but don't open a database. Now go to Convert Database menu item. If the
database you are trying to convert has security on it, you may need to specify a user
name, password, and workgroup file when you open Access. You will also need exclusive
access to the file.

"<path>\msaccess.exe" /user UserName /pwd Password /wrkgrp "<path>\workgroup.mdw"

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Diana M said:
Hi everybody,
I have Access2000 installed on my machine. Our client database is in earlier Access
version. I need to convert the client database into 2000, because few queries has to be
inserted.

Ask a Question