How to change default inbox location

Aric

I have two mailboxes. one on Exchange and another POP3. POP3 is default. I want any email which come into Exchange inbox to be moved to POP3 inbox.

I do not see any rule which can move ALL emails from Exchange Inbox to POP3 inbox. In this forum I saw that I can setup a rule when a message arrives having @ sign which will cover ALL incoming emails. Is there any better approach than this one to move all incoming emails.

Thanks

Roady [MVP]

You can set the default delivery folder to your pst-file as well. You can do
this via your account settings. Details depend on your version of Outlook.

Just curious; if you have access to Exchange, why not store everything on
the Exchange server instead or at least leave your messages received via
Exchange there?

Aric

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Wed, 05 August 2009 06:0
You can set the default delivery folder to your pst-file as well. You can do
this via your account settings. Details depend on your version of Outlook.

Just curious; if you have access to Exchange, why not store everything on
the Exchange server instead or at least leave your messages received via
Exchange there?

Default deliver is set for POP mail but any email received on Exchange goes to Exchange inbox and not POP3 inbox.

Ideally mails should be stored on Exchange but we have a lawyer in company and he says that he don't want the company's confidential emails to be stored on Exchange server. He does not trust the Exchange server and that is why he wants all the emails to be downloaded on his laptop in his personal POP3 account. He feels more secured this way!!.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Gordon

"Aric" <anwarkhi[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
..
Ideally mails should be stored on Exchange but we have a lawyer in company
and he says that he don't want the company's confidential emails to be
stored on Exchange server. He does not trust the Exchange server and that
is why he wants all the emails to be downloaded on his laptop in his
personal POP3 account. He feels more secured this way!!.

Unless this "lawyer" is very senior, then tell him tough! Company policy.
What about backups? Does he do his own backups? Would he take full
responsibility if his local mail store went west and he has no backup?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Well, He's wrong - the exchange server is more secure than a pop account in
a pst. It also gets backed up more. If his laptop is stolen, his pst can
be easily read in any outlook without any special tools. An ost created by
an exchange account can only be read by the profile that created it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]