    taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with server 2K. is
    there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to be done with a policy?
    also, how do i create such policy?

    Guest, May 11, 2005

  2. bogdan wrote:
    > how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at
    > the taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with
    > server 2K. is there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to
    > be done with a policy? also, how do i create such policy?

    Please crosspost for future questions.
    Multiposting is painful.

    Extrapolate backwards..
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ts/AllownormaluserstochangeNTssystemtime.html

    Also - your Windows 98 clients - they can do what they want when they want
    (locally) unless you have installed third party applications preventing it.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, May 11, 2005

    Clock Guard software to prevent changing or tampering with the system clock
    http://members.aol.com/Leithauser/cg.html
    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of
    your life.

    Guest, May 11, 2005

    WTC Guest

    "bogdan" <> wrote in message
    > how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at
    > the
    > taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with server 2K.
    > is
    > there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to be done with a
    > policy?
    > also, how do i create such policy?

    Use the Local Security Policy (XP Pro) to set user/group permissions to
    change the system clock.

    Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Change the
    system time.

    --
    William

    WTC, May 11, 2005