how to avoid builder copying GAC DLL to bin directory?

Z

z. f.

Hi ,

i have project that is referencing a DLL that is configured in the GAC.
why on the build process a DLL copy is being copyed to the bin directory of the project?
the reason i configured the DLL in the GAC in the first place is becuase i want all my projects on the same machine that are referencing this DLL to reference the same copy that i can control.
isn't this the way to do this?
is there a way to configure the IDE not to make local copy of the DLL just the same as it is done with the framework DLLs?

TIA!!

z.

D

David Levine

Try opening up the properties window for the assembly and setting the property Copy Local to false.
Hi ,

why on the build process a DLL copy is being copyed to the bin directory of the project?
the reason i configured the DLL in the GAC in the first place is becuase i want all my projects on the same machine that are referencing this DLL to reference the same copy that i can control.
is there a way to configure the IDE not to make local copy of the DLL just the same as it is done with the framework DLLs?

TIA!!

z.

Z

z. f.

thank you.
is there a way to configure the GAC DLL to have it's default CopyLocal=False as for the microsoft DLLs?

Try opening up the properties window for the assembly and setting the property Copy Local to false.
Hi ,

TIA!!

z.

Ask a Question