how to configure a class library assembly so that it's default "CopyLocal" value will be false

Z

z. f.

Hi,

i build a class library project in vb.net and i reference this project from other vb.net windows/aspx projects.
the class library DLL is configured in the GAC so it is located by the framework and no need for it to be in the bin directory.
i can change the reference property CopyLocal from true (default) to false so the DLL is not copyed, but how can i change it's default CopyLocal value to be false like the microsoft referenced DLLs.

TIA.
z.

J

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

by setting the property Flse in the Rererence Object. See this in MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/vbcon/html/vxlrfvslangprojreference.asp

Regards
Joyjit
Hi,

i build a class library project in vb.net and i reference this project from other vb.net windows/aspx projects.
the class library DLL is configured in the GAC so it is located by the framework and no need for it to be in the bin directory.
i can change the reference property CopyLocal from true (default) to false so the DLL is not copyed, but how can i change it's default CopyLocal value to be false like the microsoft referenced DLLs.

TIA.
z.

Z

z. f.

if i am not mistaken, your suggestion is regarding how it is done from the Visual Studio IDE Object Model, that means that i can make a macro to change this property.
I am looking for a way to change the default value from the referenced assembly itself.
like when you reference a microsoft DLL the default value is false, and this is done without interfering with the Visual Studio IDE object model.

the link for the property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vxlrfvslangprojreferencecopylocal.asp?frame=true

explains the order this value is set by the IDE, and this is actually what i needed.

i checked it and i needed to update the DLL in the GAC for the current version, and it's working.

thanks for the reference!

z.

Hi,

by setting the property Flse in the Rererence Object. See this in MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/vbcon/html/vxlrfvslangprojreference.asp

Regards
Joyjit
Hi,

TIA.
z.

F

Frank Hileman

Hello,

It automatically defaults to false for assemblies in the GAC. What you are
seeing is the leftover value from initially referencing an assembly that is
not in the GAC. Try removing the reference and re-adding. Or you may have
referenced the wrong assembly -- not the one in the GAC. Check your assembly
references paths.

Regards,
Frank Hileman

check out VG.net: www.vgdotnet.com
Animated vector graphics system
Integrated Visual Studio .NET graphics editor

Hi,

i build a class library project in vb.net and i reference this project from
other vb.net windows/aspx projects.
the class library DLL is configured in the GAC so it is located by the
framework and no need for it to be in the bin directory.
i can change the reference property CopyLocal from true (default) to false
so the DLL is not copyed, but how can i change it's default CopyLocal value
to be false like the microsoft referenced DLLs.

TIA.
z.

Ask a Question