copy-paste .DLLs to GAC

John A Grandy

apparently it is not possible to copy-paste .DLL files to the GAC
(%WINDOWS%\assembly) ... ?

when I do so, I do not see the .DLLs show up ...

what are the various options for installing .DLLs to the GAC ?

thanks.

Shiva

Use the gacutil command-line utility that comes with .NET framework (gacutil
/I <assembly>)

Alternatively, you can drag-n-drop the assemly into the GAC folder using
Windows Explorer.