• Daily

Votes: 30 13.7%
  • Weekly

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 46 21.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
There are two types of computer users.... those that have had a drive crash and those that will have a drive crash. I backup my Desktop, where all my current work is and my My Documents, which contains my pst file, every night using Handy Backup. I back up my music, pics, software and such (about 300Gig) whenever a big change is made. I keep my stuff on three drives in at least two locations.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I back up to my external hard drive each day and to DVD about once a month and keep the DVD off site. Not backing up is ok till something goes wrong and that vital file has gone :)

Love

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My hard drive has just started clicking now :eek: I'm backing up onto an external HD right now for when the worst happens. Luckily it isn't my main drive, but ironically the one I use as an internal backup drive!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Unlucky Ian it happens to us all...when it clicks time to fix...:D Hope you get all your stuff off in time mate..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I thought with a Mesh pc you had to do it on an hourly basis....:D :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Unlucky Ian it happens to us all...when it clicks time to fix...:D Hope you get all your stuff off in time mate..
All off the drive now thankfully :) I'm running a scandisk /r now to see what the problem is :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I recently had a Western Digital 120Gb SATA 1 drive pack up on me. It was one of two storage drives.

It started with that clicking noise and fortunately I managed to get everything off it before RMA-ing it to Germany.

Just this minute had an e-mail from WD saying my replacement was despatched yesterday.

Not a bad service I suppose, 2.5 years old, and cost me £2.69 to send it to Germany.

Just as a comment, I think Western Digital now hold the record with me for going faulty, must have had about five go in the last nine years or so.

Me like Samsung now :) (Apart from Raptor drives of course).

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I thought with a Mesh pc you had to do it on an hourly basis....:D
laughingsmiley.gif
Could be some truth in that:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I never back up my computer. I keep every file of value on my flash drive, and for the most part they are merely homework assignments.

Reaction score
Nothing on my computer is worth anything.

On the occasions something important DOES happen (and this is very, very rare) I stick it on a floppy, a cd and my usb stick, and put it on the one downstairs, just to be sure.

Of course it would proabably be easier just to back it up ...:p

Reaction score
I back up with Acronis True Image 9 every Sunday full OS partition 30GB to second HDD partition.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I back up two or three times a day.

Depends on how often I leave the driveway. :D

Ask a Question