How free scanner that is 'busy'?

Zarbol Tsar

When I try and look at my Epson scanner's Properties , WinXP reports
that the scanner is busy or in use by another application.

How do I locate what is making it busy?

I have tried using the Process Explorer from System Internals
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml.
However when I try Process Explorer's Find Handle or Find DLL it
turns out that it can't find "twain" or "Epson".

Is there a general way to find out exactly what is making any given
device (printer, infrared, etc) be locked by XP as "busy"?

Thanks.

Zarbol

--

Cross-posted to 4 relevant groups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Robby Tanner

A good utility for that would be Process Explorer from Sysinterals.

It has a good find function, if you know what you're looking for, that can
help you out immensely.

Cheers,
Rob

God only knows

did you try an uninstall and reinstall if you have the original cd-rom ? I
think that sorted out my problem, which if I remember correctly was much the
same

Peter Hirons

*From:* Zarbol Tsar <[email protected]>
*Date:* Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:13:57 GMT

When I try and look at my Epson scanner's Properties , WinXP reports
that the scanner is busy or in use by another application.

If you are using the utility that opens an application on the PC when the
button on the scanner is pressed then that's the problem - try looking at
processes in the Windows task manager and kill that process.

Peter