How do you use a Security Wizard Report?

Juliana

A co-worker accidently applied Security settings to a
database file. She did create a "One-step Security Wizard
Report" which has a bunch of info about Workgroup IDs,
User names, Personal IDs, Passwords, etc.

However, I cannot figure out how to use the information
to get into the database (and she can't get in anymore
either). It gives everyone who tries to get in the
error "You do not have the necessary permission to use
the [file name] object. Have your system administrator or
the person who created this object establish the
appropriate permissions for you."

Does anyone know what to do with this information so we
can open the database and remove these security settings?

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Juliana,

It sounds as if you are not using the correct WorkGroup Information File
when opening the database file. Check the Security Wizard Report to see
what's the name of the "*.MDW" file.

Once found create a shortcut to open your database file as follows:

"C:\ <full path to the file MsAccess.exe>" "<fulll path to *.MDB file>"
/wrkgrp "<full path to *.MDW file>"

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Juliana" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Juliana" <[email protected]>
| Subject: How do you use a Security Wizard Report?
| Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:54:22 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.security
|
| A co-worker accidently applied Security settings to a
| database file. She did create a "One-step Security Wizard
| Report" which has a bunch of info about Workgroup IDs,
| User names, Personal IDs, Passwords, etc.
|
| However, I cannot figure out how to use the information
| to get into the database (and she can't get in anymore
| either). It gives everyone who tries to get in the
| error "You do not have the necessary permission to use
| the [file name] object. Have your system administrator or
| the person who created this object establish the
| appropriate permissions for you."
|
| Does anyone know what to do with this information so we
| can open the database and remove these security settings?

Juliana

Now I get the error: "Cound not open 'MSysAccounts' in
the workgroup information file.

Any other suggestions?
It sounds as if you are not using the correct WorkGroup Information File
when opening the database file. Check the Security Wizard Report to see
what's the name of the "*.MDW" file.

Once found create a shortcut to open your database file as follows:

"C:\ <full path to the file MsAccess.exe>" "<fulll path to *.MDB file>"
/wrkgrp "<full path to *.MDW file>"

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms0 3-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Juliana" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Juliana" <[email protected]>
| Subject: How do you use a Security Wizard Report?
| Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:54:22 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.security
|
| A co-worker accidently applied Security settings to a
| database file. She did create a "One-step Security Wizard
| Report" which has a bunch of info about Workgroup IDs,
| User names, Personal IDs, Passwords, etc.
|
| However, I cannot figure out how to use the information
| to get into the database (and she can't get in anymore
| either). It gives everyone who tries to get in the
| error "You do not have the necessary permission to use
| the [file name] object. Have your system administrator or
| the person who created this object establish the
| appropriate permissions for you."
|
| Does anyone know what to do with this information so we
| can open the database and remove these security settings?

.

Joan Wild

That message usually comes up when you try to open a converted database.
Was this database in a prior version and converted to a later one?