How do you print a .prn file in Windows XP

I have a hp deskjet 3550 printer connected to USB001. How can I print a .prn file to the printer?

RonK

Found this info:

So what you need to do is input the saved PRN file to the printer driver
software (not to NWC), and tell the driver to re-print it to the real
printer.

How do you do that? On my system, I can go to the control panel, and open
the printers folder. I can drag-and-drop the PRN file onto the icon for the
real printer. That causes the file to be printed.

Robert Steyn said:
I have a hp deskjet 3550 printer connected to USB001. How can I print a
..prn file to the printer?

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

You can drag and drop the file on the Printer icon.

OR

1. Click Start -> Run
2. Type "copy <path>\<filename.prn> lpt1:

Note: Replace <path> to the path where the .prn file is located. Replace
<filename.prn> with the .prn file name.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IFN0ZXlu?= <Robert
(e-mail address removed)>
--Subject: How do you print a .prn file in Windows XP
--Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:57:02 -0700