How do I view a .WMF file?

Dave F

Hi,

Do you know what file viewers accept the WMF format?

I find it ironic that with WMF being a Microsoft format, no viewers supplied
with the MS OS accept it.
I've tried Kodak Image, Paint & Photo Editor.
Any ideas?

I'm using W'2000.

TIA
Dave F.

David H. Lipman

Win2K should have NO problems viewing a Windows Meta File (WMF). You should be able to view
it within an Office product or within a thumbnail view.

In Addition:
If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you have invited the
swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to visit you.

The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is because the Swen worm
harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post
itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From the list of
email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those addresses.

Dave L.

"Dave F" wrote in message | Hi,

| Do you know what file viewers accept the WMF format?
|
| I find it ironic that with WMF being a Microsoft format, no viewers supplied
| with the MS OS accept it.
| I've tried Kodak Image, Paint & Photo Editor.
| Any ideas?
|
| I'm using W'2000.
|
| TIA
| Dave F.

Dave F

David H. Lipman said:
Win2K should have NO problems viewing a Windows Meta File (WMF). You should be able to view
it within an Office product or within a thumbnail view.

I want to be able to double click on it within Explorer & load up in a full
sized window (those thumbnails are useless).
I'm going to try Eric's recommendation.
In Addition:
If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you have invited the
swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to visit you.

The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is because the Swen worm
harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post
itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From the list of
email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those
addresses.

It's now I think I need to mention something about Barn Doors, Horses &
Bolting :)
I'm a little confused about this. I butchered my Reply Address but when I
change my proper address I have trouble sending the email.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave F.