How do I use a Public Calendar as a Resource


T

TRSib

We have four conference rooms in our building. Each conference room has a
corresponding public calendar. When an individual schedules a meeting, they
create a local calendar event, and invite individuals or groups based on
distribution list that are required to be at the meeting. Unfortunately we
can not update the public calendar for the meeting location in the same
process.

How can we update the public calender in the same process or use the public
calendar as a resource when the local event is created?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'm not sure what you means by "update" - if the calendar is mail-enabled
you can invite it. If the problem is that it doesn't accept the invites,
you either need to install a script or switch to using mailboxes for the
conference rooms.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
 
T

TRSib

The term update refers to:

When a user creates an event on their local calendar, and the appropriate
individuals and groups are invited. Upon acceptance of the event, the
receiving individuals calendar is updated with the event information. We
would like the event to be listed in the public calendar (update the public
calendar with the new event). Technically the Public Calendar can be
considered as a resource (meeting area).

I will research email enabling the public calendar.

Let me know if there are any other items I need to be aware of, thank you
for your assistance.



Diane Poremsky said:
I'm not sure what you means by "update" - if the calendar is mail-enabled
you can invite it. If the problem is that it doesn't accept the invites,
you either need to install a script or switch to using mailboxes for the
conference rooms.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


TRSib said:
We have four conference rooms in our building. Each conference room has a
corresponding public calendar. When an individual schedules a meeting,
they
create a local calendar event, and invite individuals or groups based on
distribution list that are required to be at the meeting. Unfortunately we
can not update the public calendar for the meeting location in the same
process.

How can we update the public calender in the same process or use the
public
calendar as a resource when the local event is created?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

mail enabling it will put it on the calendar at the time of the invite but
it will not have updated event info. You'll need to use a script to do that
after the invite is sent and accepted.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/



Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)




You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


TRSib said:
The term update refers to:

When a user creates an event on their local calendar, and the appropriate
individuals and groups are invited. Upon acceptance of the event, the
receiving individuals calendar is updated with the event information. We
would like the event to be listed in the public calendar (update the
public
calendar with the new event). Technically the Public Calendar can be
considered as a resource (meeting area).

I will research email enabling the public calendar.

Let me know if there are any other items I need to be aware of, thank you
for your assistance.



Diane Poremsky said:
I'm not sure what you means by "update" - if the calendar is mail-enabled
you can invite it. If the problem is that it doesn't accept the invites,
you either need to install a script or switch to using mailboxes for the
conference rooms.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]





EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


TRSib said:
We have four conference rooms in our building. Each conference room has
a
corresponding public calendar. When an individual schedules a meeting,
they
create a local calendar event, and invite individuals or groups based
on
distribution list that are required to be at the meeting. Unfortunately
we
can not update the public calendar for the meeting location in the same
process.

How can we update the public calender in the same process or use the
public
calendar as a resource when the local event is created?
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top