How do I upload font's to my website?

Does anybody know how I can upload the font's I am using on my computer to
design my website to the server? If I go to my site on a different computer
that does not have font's installed that I programmed with, the web
substitutes the font with Times New Roman.

Does anybody know of a way to get around this? I have no idea if this is
even possible but I would think in Front Page you should be able to embed the
font into the page so it appears on the web exactly as it does on my machine.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

You don't load fonts on your server.

They are dependent upon what the Viewer's machine has installed on IT. Try to stick to standard fonts unless you want your viewers to download and install your fancy fonts (ain't gonna happen). There's another way too...but most people won't let automatic font downloads to happen either.

Stick to standard fonts in your text...if you simply gotta must have something fancy, make a graphic out of it.

| Does anybody know how I can upload the font's I am using on my computer to
| design my website to the server? If I go to my site on a different computer
| that does not have font's installed that I programmed with, the web
| substitutes the font with Times New Roman.
|
| Does anybody know of a way to get around this? I have no idea if this is
| even possible but I would think in Front Page you should be able to embed the
| font into the page so it appears on the web exactly as it does on my machine.
|
| Anybody have any ideas?
|
| Thanks

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

in a round-about way you could. I wouldn't do it on most sites but in
certain circumstances it works OK.

there's some tools here;
http://outlook.microsoft.com/typography/FreeToolsOverview.mspx

None of these methods are perfect or work on every system but it's a
possible option.
here's an example or two:
http://nedp.net/newh/xmas/ (academy engraved)
http://nedp.net/newh/august/ (Kristen itc)

HTH

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Make More Money with Less Work
Let Your Clients Control Their Content With Just A Browser!
http://contentseed.com/

Bob Lehmann

but I would think in Front Page you should be able to embed the font into
the page so it appears on the web exactly as it does on my machine.

Why would you think that?

Bob Lehmann

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

thinking print media

"Bob Lehmann" <none> wrote in message | >>but I would think in Front Page you should be able to embed the font into
| the page so it appears on the web exactly as it does on my machine.
|
| Why would you think that?
|
| Bob Lehmann
|
| message | > Does anybody know how I can upload the font's I am using on my computer to
| > design my website to the server? If I go to my site on a different
| computer
| > that does not have font's installed that I programmed with, the web
| > substitutes the font with Times New Roman.
| >
| > Does anybody know of a way to get around this? I have no idea if this is
| > even possible but I would think in Front Page you should be able to embed
| the
| > font into the page so it appears on the web exactly as it does on my
| machine.
| >
| > Anybody have any ideas?
| >
| > Thanks

Chuck Davis