How do I show "BCC" on my email without clicking on BCC

rosita

Eg Many times when I send an email through OE, I want to send a BCC
copy to myself and then print it as a kind of letter journal.
However, my blank email format does not show the "BCC" line on my
email - instead I have to click on BCC and then scroll down through
the whole address book and click on the address that I want to send
the BCC copy to. I asked OE Help and was told to go to View and click
on "Show all headers". However, when I go to view there is no such
option. I have Windows 2000 and OE 6.0 -& it seems to me that at one
time I did have the BCC option under the CC option on my new email
blank format but then it disappeared and I can't get it back. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

AlanC

Yes Roady it is an Outlook forum but you could at least offer the solution.
The confusion arises from Microsoft being a little dense with its naming of
components: Windows Explorer|Internet Explorer, Outlook|Outlook Express. At
least they've renamed the latter in Vista.

Anyway Rosita, the option the individual asked you to check is accessed as
follows:

Open Outlook Express
Open a New Message - on this new message select 'View' at the top and then
select 'View All Headers' or 'All Headers' - I can't recall what precisely
the option is.

Regards

AlanC

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Answering an Outlook Express question in an Outlook forum does more harm
than good. Users need to be redirected to the proper forum. Answering OE
questions here will encourage more and more users to post in the wrong
groups. Roady did precisely the right thing.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Not being "Able to recall" is exactly the problem that Robert is trying to avoid. Advice from someone who uses OE only sparingly will often be wrong. Sending the person to the correct forum for this AND FUTURE answers is exactly the proper thing to do. I don't see why you would think otherwise.

Would you answer Windows Vista 64 bit questions in a Windows 95 forum, which is what you appear to be arguing? After all, they both use the name "Windows."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, AlanC asked:

| Yes Roady it is an Outlook forum but you could at least offer the
| solution. The confusion arises from Microsoft being a little dense
| with its naming of components: Windows Explorer|Internet Explorer,
| Outlook|Outlook Express. At least they've renamed the latter in
| Vista.
|
| Anyway Rosita, the option the individual asked you to check is
| accessed as follows:
|
| Open Outlook Express
| Open a New Message - on this new message select 'View' at the top and
| then select 'View All Headers' or 'All Headers' - I can't recall what
| precisely the option is.
|
| Regards
|
| AlanC
|

| "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
| wrote in message
|
|| Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.
|| Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the
|| Office family.
|| Here is the link for the right forum
|| http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
|| Good Luck!
|| --
|| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
|| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
|| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
|| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
|| http://www.msoutlook.info/
|| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
|| -----
||| copy to myself and then print it as a kind of letter journal.
||| However, my blank email format does not show the "BCC" line on my
||| email - instead I have to click on BCC and then scroll down through
||| the whole address book and click on the address that I want to send
||| the BCC copy to. I asked OE Help and was told to go to View and
||| click on "Show all headers". However, when I go to view there is
||| no such option. I have Windows 2000 and OE 6.0 -& it seems to me
||| that at one time I did have the BCC option under the CC option on
||| my new email blank format but then it disappeared and I can't get
||| it back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

AlanC

You have to remember that most people do not know a vast amount about the
computers they use and there is a great deal of confusion between Outlook
and Outlook Express. By all means point the individual to a different forum
but try to be as helpful as possible in the process. How many Outlook
Express questions get asked in this forum? Quite a few. I've never seen a
Windows 95 question asked here as there is no confusion between the two.

If you went to a Volvo garage with a Ford and simply needed a lead
reconnecting which response would you prefer:

Go away and take it to Ford garage

or

Let me try to help but please understand that if I'm not able to there's a
Ford dealer down the road. Oh look, a very simple problem to resolve.

My inability to recall every submenu wording precisely in Outlook Express
(part of an OS I no longer use daily) is inexcusable - I'll go and get some
memory training! In the meantime I'll try to assist those who ask.

Regards

AlanC

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
Not being "Able to recall" is exactly the problem that Robert is trying to
avoid. Advice from someone who uses OE only sparingly will often be wrong.
Sending the person to the correct forum for this AND FUTURE answers is
exactly the proper thing to do. I don't see why you would think otherwise.

Would you answer Windows Vista 64 bit questions in a Windows 95 forum, which
is what you appear to be arguing? After all, they both use the name
"Windows."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, AlanC asked:

| Yes Roady it is an Outlook forum but you could at least offer the
| solution. The confusion arises from Microsoft being a little dense
| with its naming of components: Windows Explorer|Internet Explorer,
| Outlook|Outlook Express. At least they've renamed the latter in
| Vista.
|
| Anyway Rosita, the option the individual asked you to check is
| accessed as follows:
|
| Open Outlook Express
| Open a New Message - on this new message select 'View' at the top and
| then select 'View All Headers' or 'All Headers' - I can't recall what
| precisely the option is.
|
| Regards
|
| AlanC
|

| "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
| wrote in message
| || Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.
|| Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the
|| Office family.
|| Here is the link for the right forum
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
|| Good Luck!
|| --
|| Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
|| Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
|| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
|| Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
|| http://www.msoutlook.info/
|| Real World Questions, Real World Answers
|| -----
||| copy to myself and then print it as a kind of letter journal.
||| However, my blank email format does not show the "BCC" line on my
||| email - instead I have to click on BCC and then scroll down through
||| the whole address book and click on the address that I want to send
||| the BCC copy to. I asked OE Help and was told to go to View and
||| click on "Show all headers". However, when I go to view there is
||| no such option. I have Windows 2000 and OE 6.0 -& it seems to me
||| that at one time I did have the BCC option under the CC option on
||| my new email blank format but then it disappeared and I can't get
||| it back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Roady [MVP]

And in the same analogy;

Ford tried to help out but messed things up even more. Volvo will ask why
you allowed unauthorized repairs to your car to be made in the first place
and indicates you're car is beyond repair now.

The original post was confusing to a point that I would need more info to
make a good suggestion. Since the post was also off-topic redirecting the OP
to the correct newsgroup seems like an appropriate answer.

I really don't understand why you make such a fuss about that.

PS: I think you need to read Milly's reply again. She never stated that
Windows 95 questions were being asked here.