How do I set up a drop-down list of images for a Word 2003 form?

We have forms for cemetery markers and would like to be able to insert a
religious symbol from a drop down list of these images. Does anyone know how
I can do this? If I insert a drop down list of paths and image names, just
the text will show. I want the actual image to show when I select it. Maybe
a macro?

Jay Freedman

Sherry said:
We have forms for cemetery markers and would like to be able to
insert a religious symbol from a drop down list of these images.
Does anyone know how I can do this? If I insert a drop down list of
paths and image names, just the text will show. I want the actual
image to show when I select it. Maybe a macro?

If you store the images in a template as AutoText entries with descriptive
names, then you can use an AutoTextList field
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm). However, this will
still show only the descriptions, not the images themselves.

If you really need to see the images to select one, you can't use any kind
of dropdown that's available in Word. You might be able to use Word's clip
art manager, adding your images to the clip art collection and assigning
keywords to them. In Word 2002 and 2003, that would give you a scrolling
task pane to select from.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Unless you really need a protected form for this, you could use an
AutoTextList field, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm. You would need to
save each image as an AutoText entry in a specific style.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

"Sherry from Veterans Affairs" <Sherry from Veterans
news:[email protected]...