How do I restore access to Task manager

Chuck

Something evil has/is stopping me from running task
manager. I've tried a number of spyware/Av apps & not
sure if the malware was removed and this is just a left
over problem or if it is still on my system.
My XP home system won't let me access the Task Manager
GUI. I get no response when I select it from the right-
click option on the task bar or when I Ctrl-Alt-Del and
select it from the Windows Security screen.

Any ideas what could be done to get my task manager back???

Check to see if you have administrator rights, it may be
that it changed your access rights. Just a guess :)

Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Task Manager problem

Hey guys, I have exactly the same problem as Chuck, I already have the registered version of Spyware Doctor, and I also tried entering taskmgr on the run screen. After i do that a screen appears saying that task manager is being used by other computer! can someone help me This is driving me nuts!!

Bill Sanderson said:
What about Start, run, taskmgr ?

"Chuck" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Something evil has/is stopping me from running task
> manager. I've tried a number of spyware/Av apps & not
> sure if the malware was removed and this is just a left
> over problem or if it is still on my system.
> My XP home system won't let me access the Task Manager
> GUI. I get no response when I select it from the right-
> click option on the task bar or when I Ctrl-Alt-Del and
> select it from the Windows Security screen.
>
> Any ideas what could be done to get my task manager back???

Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Having Same Problem. Lost access to Task Manager and Device Manager... run out of ideas.. can anyone help?

Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Basically all you have to do is to fix go to run (Under start) and copy and paste this in:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Make sure you copy and paste it all in as it is the exact code you need to change the task manager status back. I googled it and i tested this after my task manager went screwy and now it works fine again