How do i enable the cd auto run through Remote Desktop Connection on XP pro?

fairchild

I log in locally the cd autorun feature works perfectly, but when i
log in with the Remote Desktop Connection when a cd is inserted
nothing happened, even if it was the same cd, so basically i have
narrowed it down to using the computer remotely, is there a setting to
enable this?

Start, Run and enter REGEDIT
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom]
"Autorun" = dword:0x00000001

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi,

In which computer you're inserting the CD, RDP host? or the client computer.

Windows® Troubleshootinghttp://www.winhelponline.com

I log in locally the cd autorun feature works perfectly, but when i
log in with the Remote Desktop Connection when a cd is inserted
nothing happened, even if it was the same cd, so basically i have
narrowed it down to using the computer remotely, is there a setting to
enable this?

when i log into the host with my computer i then walk to the host put
in the cd and walk back to my pc to see if the host ran the auto play
feature, it doesn't.... so log off and walk over to it, eject the cd,
log back in physically at the computer, put the cd in and the auto
play works fine, sorry about the confusion i am trying to use the
drive on the host but unless i am logged in physically i cannot get
the autoplay to work with the remote connection

fairchild

--
Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
Mark L. Ferguson

fairchild said:
I log in locally the cd autorun feature works perfectly, but when i
log in with the Remote Desktop Connection when a cd is inserted
nothing happened, even if it was the same cd, so basically i have
narrowed it down to using the computer remotely, is there a setting to
enable this?

sorry this was already set, changing it back and forth from 1 to 0 had
no effect

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Thanks for the details. Will try to repro the problem in my system. One of them runs Vista. Will have to do RDP login from Vista to XP system and post back.

"fairchild" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
I log in locally the cd autorun feature works perfectly, but when i
log in with the Remote Desktop Connection when a cd is inserted
nothing happened, even if it was the same cd, so basically i have
narrowed it down to using the computer remotely, is there a setting to
enable this?

when i log into the host with my computer i then walk to the host put
in the cd and walk back to my pc to see if the host ran theautoplay
feature, it doesn't.... so log off and walk over to it, eject the cd,
log back in physically at the computer, put the cd in and theauto
play works fine, sorry about the confusion i am trying to use the
drive on the host but unless i am logged in physically i cannot get
the autoplay to work with the remote connection

ok, i tested in on 3 other windows xp pro machines on my network all
with the same results, it must be a setting somewhere

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Can repro the problem here. I tried altering the NoDriveTypeAutoRun values (various combinations tried) and still no dice :(

[...]

well i guess thats good... and bad, haha

well at least i am not crazy and every machine i tested it on produced
the same results.... what makes no since is no one has asked this
question before, any suggestions? thanks for your help

fairchild said:
I log in locally the cd autorun feature works perfectly, but when i
log in with the Remote Desktop Connection when a cd is inserted
nothing happened, even if it was the same cd, so basically i have
narrowed it down to using the computer remotely, is there a setting to
enable this?

any more ideas?

should this be reported to Microsoft?