    Hi, I am writing some mathematical formulae on Word and am desperately trying
    to find the symbol that means "mean of x values"- it's basically a letter x
    with a horizontal line above it! Any help much appreciated, Thank-you.

    Amyamy321, Aug 14, 2008

  2. Hi Amy,

    What version of Word are you using and which method for building the equations?

    In Word 2007 Insert=>Equation (or Alt=) then type
    \overbar
    then type a space, then type x, then type a space

    If you're using an earlier version or the Word EQuation field (EQ)
    http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

    --

    Bob Buckland ?:)
    MS Office System Products MVP