How do I customize the view of my C drive?

S

SwampYankee

All of a sudden the view of the C drive in Explorer is assuming all the sub-folders are
photos. If it were any other folder, I could right click on the folder and select
properties/customize/all items. When one right clicks on the C: drive folder this option is
not offered. How do I change it back to the default view and why did it decide to switch to
photo view?
thanks

S

SwampYankee

Hi SwampYankee,

This will show you how to change it back to the "All Items" template.
See the NOTE under step one for how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77444-windows-explorer-folder-type-templates.html

Shawn
thanks but no thanks. Link leads to an FAQ with 22 choices. I just want to know how to turn
my view back to the way it was before. If I want to read through all those pages and links I
might as well install XP again. Anybody have a solution to this? Why was the layout changed
in the first place? Why do I have to go through all these gyrations I just want to have
explorer show my hard drive as a series of files! Not a bunch of photos!!!! How do I make
Vista display my C: drive as a series of folders and files? Not a bunch of photos? It
really is a computer with files on it not a camera! help........................pleass.....

R

Richard Urban

Click Views.

Make your choice.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

S

SwampYankee

Click Views.

Make your choice.
If I do that for the c drive I am only given a choice for details, or various permutations of
icon size. It still treats the whole C drive and its sub folders as photo images. So it
lists each folder, but the column headers for the entire c drive are: Name, Date Taken, Tags
Size and Rating. I want the folders, date and size like in the old explorer
thanks

Ask a Question