How do I copy cell values (derived from formula), not references?

Situation: I have a column of values, derived from adding, subtracting, etc,
corresponding values in other columns. So although the worksheet shows the
values, the cells are really just the result of a formula using other cells
on the same sheet.

Problem: I want to copy only the column of values to a new sheet. Instead I
get a column of REF errors, since the column refers to columns/cells which
don't exist on the new sheet. I just want the numerical values copied and
pasted!

You need to use Paste Special - Copy the cells as usual, then right click
where you want to paste them. Select Paste Special, then 'Values'.

Biff

Hi!

When you go to paste, instead of using paste, use paste special/values.

Biff

"Matt in a spot of bother" <Matt in a spot of
news:[email protected]...

Fantastic... that works fine! Cheers :)

ellmcg said:
You need to use Paste Special - Copy the cells as usual, then right click
where you want to paste them. Select Paste Special, then 'Values'.

R.VENKATARAMAN

edit-copy
edit-pastespecial-values

try this