How do I convert an Access text string with spaces into columns?

The business process requires that I import data into Access from a flat
file, i.e. comma-delimited with double quotes " " as a text qualifier. There
is one data field that I need to split the text string the text into four
separate fields. How can I do this within Access? That is, does Access have a
similar function to Excel's Data > Text to Columns?

Jeff Boyce

Consider importing the data into a "temporary" table, then using queries to
parse the data into your well-normalized (permanent) table structure. Using
queries for this let's you parse your non-normalized data into a structure
that Access is optimized to work with.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Business Analyst at AHA" <Business Analyst at
news:[email protected]...