how do i compare documents side by side


G

Guest

I'm using Office XP and Windows XP and I want to be able to compare 2
documents side by side. I see the Compare option in Word Perfect but the
option isn't there in Word. It works on my other laptop but it doesn't work
on this one. I do have a widescreen monitor if that matters. Is there
something I need to do to make the COMPARE option appear in the Windows menu?
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

John,

Open both documents in Word. Then on the Windows taskbar, hold down the Ctrl
key while selecting both buttons representing the two Word docs. Then
right-click on either one and choose Tile Vertically.

You can also use the 'Compare side by side with ... ' function, available
under the Window menu in Word. But since I own a Word 2003 copy, I am not
sure if that is available in Word XP.

HTH

Xero
 
S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

This feature was introduced in Word 2003; it is not available in Word 2002.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

John said:
I'm using Office XP and Windows XP and I want to be able to compare 2
documents side by side. I see the Compare option in Word Perfect but the
option isn't there in Word. It works on my other laptop but it doesn't work
on this one. I do have a widescreen monitor if that matters. Is there
something I need to do to make the COMPARE option appear in the Windows
menu?
 
G

Guest

I guess you gotta use the former method then.

Suzanne S. Barnhill said:
This feature was introduced in Word 2003; it is not available in Word 2002.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.


menu?
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Thank you so much. Worked like a champ

Xero said:
John,

Open both documents in Word. Then on the Windows taskbar, hold down the Ctrl
key while selecting both buttons representing the two Word docs. Then
right-click on either one and choose Tile Vertically.

You can also use the 'Compare side by side with ... ' function, available
under the Window menu in Word. But since I own a Word 2003 copy, I am not
sure if that is available in Word XP.

HTH

Xero
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top