how do i access bluetooth capability

ReshiR

hi,
i am using Windows XP SP3 (on a macbook via VMware Fusion). I have a treo
750W that runs Windows Mobile 6.0. My macbook has bluetooth capability but i
have no idea how to use that to sync my treo with the windows side of my
machine. I have read a number of posts that suggest that if i go to control
panel or network connections, i should find "Bluetooth Devices" but there is
nothing there. there are also mentions of MS Bluetooth Stack but i have no
idea if i have that already or need to download it and if the latter then
from where.

Can someone please help? if you can dumb down the instruction for a lay
person, that would be terrific.

thanks so much.

Mark L. Ferguson

Palm - Products - Palm® Treo™ 750 Smartphone - Bluetooth:
http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo750/750_bluetooth.html
"Wirelessly transfer information from your Palm® Treo™ 750 smartphone to
your Bluetooth-equipped computer "

Since the hardware is built into your Treo, then yes, your Bluetooth device
should show up in the device manager, and work with your Mac. You will need
to configure your Mac to tell it what you want to do. "Sync' ing can be a
lot of different things. E-mail, files, or whatever. Both devices will have
to use common apps (or files) to handle the data you sync.
Newsgroups for Windows Mobile powered Pocket PCs, by Microsoft ...:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/communities/newsgroups.mspx
The mobile newsgroups will probably be able to tell you what apps both
systems can use.
--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.

ReshiR

mark,
thank you for your prompt response. i did go to the treo forum and checked
that my device was visible. it seems to connect with the bluetooth on the
mac side of my machine but somehow can't cross the vmware fusion barrier to
be recognized by the windows side of my machine. there is no mention of
"bluetooth devices" on my windows control panel. someone suggested that i
post my question to the vmware fusion message board. turns out it's down for
maintenance till the 12th!

Must say that switching from pc to mac for a "business person" like me has
been a real pain! can't run a decent version of quicken. can't sync w/ my
windows mobile treo that is a requirement for work.

Mark L. Ferguson

Well, my idea is a bit off the wall, but one workaround would be a
transmission of data to a Windows Live "SkyDrive" online.
The Windows Experience Blog Windows Live SkyDrive:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w.../21/windows-live-skydrive-launches-today.aspx
When the vmware site comes back, something more permanent may be available.
--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsAnswer
Mark L. Ferguson
..

bojimbo26one

hi,
i am using Windows XP SP3 (on a macbook via VMware Fusion). I have a treo
750W that runs Windows Mobile 6.0. My macbook has bluetooth capability but i
have no idea how to use that to sync my treo with the windows side of my
machine. I have read a number of posts that suggest that if i go to control
panel or network connections, i should find "Bluetooth Devices" but there is
nothing there. there are also mentions of MS Bluetooth Stack but i have no
idea if i have that already or need to download it and if the latter then
from where.

Can someone please help? if you can dumb down the instruction for a lay
person, that would be terrific.

thanks so much.

Do you need to plug a dongle into your comp ?