How can I print a sent email with all BCC recipients showing?

Lorri

I'm just curious why you felt a need to get involved in this communication?
I was asking a how to of Roady not an opinion by Gordon. If you couldn't
help me in my problem - I'm not sure why you responded.

Gordon

Lorri said:
I'm just curious why you felt a need to get involved in this
communication?
I was asking a how to of Roady not an opinion by Gordon. If you couldn't
help me in my problem - I'm not sure why you responded.

Well a) you didn't let on that it was a legal environment, and b) as a
recently-retired Systems Accountant I am against printing emails in
principle (I see no need for it in general) and the fact that you want to
print an email with BCC addressees on it, where the principle of BCC is that
those recipients are hidden from anyone else, gave rise to my comment that
by printing the BCC recipients, there is the danger that someone may see the
printed email and realise who the BCC recipients are when they are not
supposed to see them. Security......

Roady [MVP]

You're welcome! :)

Let me know if you get stuck!

Lorri said:
Roady - no unfortunately the only option was To: and CC: It may not
solve
my problem for BCC but it does have some usefulness to it. I'll try the
other option as well. Thank you Lorri

Roady said:
Hi Lorri,

I don't have the addin available here to test it directly. Isn't the
print
BCC option available when you press the Options... button in the
configuration screen of the addin?

You can contact Sperry Software Support on how to do this. I believe
their
Live Chat is even on-line right now to assist you instantly.

Indeed, the design the form option is on a per-message-base only.

If that addin doesn't do the trick for you at all, ask for a refund and
then
you might be interested in the Print Tools addin from MAPILab instead;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_printtools

That addin has the option for sure as shown on the following screenshot;
http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/print_tools/print-tools-for-outlook-5.gif

If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount.

Lorri said:
Roady - I downloaded the print on demand add in and I still cannot get
the
bccs to print in Sent Mail. I have Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server
2007.
It is really imperative that we be able to print bccs especially in the
legal
environment. I tried the "design the form" option - but that is
extremely
cumbersome and has to be done each time?

:

You can use a printing addin for this such as;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/sperry_printondemand
If you decide to order use BH93RF24 to get a discount.

-----

Has there been any progress on being able to print a copy of your
original
email that includes the bcc's without doing the extra steps
mentioned
in
this
email trail?

:

All,
As a sender of bcc, you can see the bcc's when you open a message.
So,
one
solution is to do a screen snapshot to a word file, but it will not
look
as
good.

Regards,
Mark

:

Tools-> Forms-> Design this form...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
Hi
I tried to follow the steps below... but right clicking the BCC
field
doesn't do anything for me. What does 'open the form for
editing->
'
mean?
What are the steps for this?
--
Kathy

:

It's not a flaw; read the KB article.

If you want to print this field open the message-> open the
form
for
editing-> right click the field with the BCC-> Properties-> tab
Validation->
enable Include this field for Printing and Save As

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
is the update for this flaw have been published?
thank you

:

Scott, I agree with her. As the creator and sender of the
message,
you
should be able to print a file copy of your email with all
reciepiants
whether they are TO/CC or BCC. The point is to keep the
BCC's
from
knowing
who they are (if there are several) and to keep the TO/CC
from
knowing
the
BCC also saw the message. It's not meant to keep the sender
from
documenting
those relationships if he/she chooses to print it as it was
actually
sent.

I think this is a flaw that should be fixed.

:

Hi,

The Bcc field of a mail message cannot be printed in
Microsoft
Outlook.
This behavior is by design for security reasons.

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base (KB) article
for
more
information.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;186690

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
Subject: How can I print a sent email with all BCC
recipients
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Shark

Lorri:

I am with you 100%! I am in the legal field as well and know about
attorney-client confidentiality, etc. AND the VERY important need to print a
file copy showing all direct, CC and BCC parties on an email. It is very
unprofessional to have to hand-write the bcc parties on numerous email each
day.

PLEASE let me know if you find a solution! (allamerican7 at aol dot com)

Shark

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
Subject: How can I print a sent email with all BCC recipients
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Shark

I too am in the legal field and need to print the bccs on sent email I create.

Shark said:
Lorri:

I am with you 100%! I am in the legal field as well and know about
attorney-client confidentiality, etc. AND the VERY important need to print
file copy showing all direct, CC and BCC parties on an email. It is very
unprofessional to have to hand-write the bcc parties on numerous email
each
day.

It's about time the legal profession dragged itself kicking and screaming
into the 20th century - banks store their LEGAL documents electronically -
they don't print them unless needed. I know - I used to work for a company
that provided the storage...

BayGrrl

Gordon, I suppose that is what Microsoft is thinking ... but we really don't
need M$ to be the email police!

I work for local government and we NEED to have a printed record of who we
send things to. We have systems in place (HIPAA and others) which are
designed to protect personal information. It should be the SENDER'S choice of
whether or not the BCC email addresses are visible when printing.

Thank you.

Bob I

It isn't Microsoft that set BCC conditions up. I would suggest for your
sake you stop using BCC. Mail merge will send to recipients without
sharing/revealing addresses.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I don't see the full thread you are replying to, so I don’t know if you
actually got useful information. It is possible but how easy depends on the
version of outlook.

There are also tools - see http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/print.asp - I know
print on demand from sperry can do it, not sure about the others.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Gordon

BayGrrl said:
Gordon, I suppose that is what Microsoft is thinking ... but we really
don't
need M$ to be the email police!

I work for local government and we NEED to have a printed record of who we
send things to.

<sigh>.....good job commerce doesn't live in the dark ages....
I'm not criticising you who have to live with this, but I would be
interested as to why a printed copy is a better audit trail than an
electronic one...

Gordon

BayGrrl said:
Gordon, I suppose that is what Microsoft is thinking ... but we really
don't
need M$ to be the email police!

I work for local government and we NEED to have a printed record of who we
send things to. We have systems in place (HIPAA and others) which are
designed to protect personal information. It should be the SENDER'S choice
of
whether or not the BCC email addresses are visible when printing.

Thank you.

The reply you are quoting, I posted in Feb 2009!!!!!!!!!

Jandragonstar

Hi Lorri try this with the "design this form" open.

Change the field chooser on the right hand side from "Frequently used
fields" to "All mail fields", click on the bcc box and drag it over to your
message somewhere near the cc field; right click on this new bcc field and
then click on properties, click the validation tab, tick the "include field
for printing and save as", click apply (v important or it won't work), click
ok, then click file at the top and save as. The form will replace the one in
your sent items and the bcc should print! This took me absolutely ages to
work out and a lot of fiddling but it does work!

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

nbslarson

Thank you! This was really helpful!

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

SOSMAN

I don't understand why it is, if you are the sender. I have to have it for
legal reasons. Otherwise, I have to fax or send individual emails to each
person and print for legal verification that I have performed my due
diligence.
***If it were a Microsoft issue and they needed this, it would have been
fixed 5 years ago.

How's that for customer care?

reneed33

In Outlook 2007:

•Open the message
•Add “form” to the quick access toolbar
•click Form then select “Design this form”
•From the Field Chooser, drop down “Address Fields” the drag and dropBCC onto the form.
•Right click the BCC field containing the address-> Properties
•On the tab Validation select the option to include the field when printing
•click publish this form
•click Run this form
•File>Print

I added a few more steps to the list from one of the other users who posted..